iDietScoreTM is a sports nutrition mobile app that provide virtual individualized meal plan based on athletes and active individuals profile, includes energy and macronutrients requirement, sports category, different age groups, training cycles, training time and individual food preferences.
INSPIRATION OF THE INVENTION
Previous development of DietScoreTM 1.0 sports nutrition mobile app had limited features of dietary recommendation such as individualized meal plan and focus only on adult athletes and active individuals.
PROBLEM STATEMENT & CURRENT ISSUES
- Meal planning is one of the nutrition counseling strategies that improve athlete’s nutrition status.
- It is one of the techniques to deliver nutrition knowledge in a more practical way.
- In the sports setting, the number of experts (sports dietitians or nutritionists) are small, and the demand for creating meal planning to a huge number of athletes, often cannot be met. Moreover, traditional meal planning development using pen and paper is time-consuming.
INVENTIVENESS & NOVELTY
- Rule-based expert system that mimic how sports dietitian developing meal plan for their athletes.
- Multi-institutional app that enable the user registration based on their institutions and monitored by respective nutritionist.
USEFULNESS & APPLICATION
- iDietScoreTM provide athletes with sets of meal planning at any place and time as most athletes were frequent travelers for their sport’s training and competition.
- The food suggested in the meal plan is based on Malaysian local food and individual food preferences.
- iDietScoreTM not only benefits adult athletes that training at the sports institute but it can be used by recreational athletes from children to adolescents age categories or active individuals.
- The gym owners or any sports club managers may suggest or provide their members with iDietScoreTM mobile app in guiding the nutrient intake through meal planning features.
- In the future. iDietScoreTM app can be used by other countries as the food data based can be expanded to suite the countries local food.
IMPACT OF THE PRODUCT
Increase the reliability and accessibility of sports nutrition knowledge, individualized dietary advice for athletes and active individuals and Sustainability Development Goal (SDG 3): Good Health and Well-being.
Health, nutrition and fitness industries eg. Local and international fitness centres, sports institutes and sports clubs.
TRL : 7
Project Leader : Prof. Madya Dr. Dr Nik Shanita binti Safii (FSK, UKMx)
Co-Researcher : Ts. Dr Abd. Hadi bin Abd. Rahman (FTSM, UKM), Mohd Izham bin Mohamad (ISN), Norashikin binti Mustafa (FSK, UKM / IIUM), Ts. Dr Nor Samsiah binti Sani (FTSM, UKM), Dr. Azimah binti Ahmad (UPNM), Prof. Dr Poh Bee Koon (FSK, UKM), Prof. Dr Ruzita Ab. Talib (FSK, UKM), Noor Hafizah binti Yatiman (FSK, UKM), Ahmad Zawawi bin Zakaria (ISN)
Dept./Fac./Inst : Faculty of Health Sciences
Expertise : Sports nutrition, glycemic index of food & nutritional status assessment for specific groups.
WESIHAT2.0 is a senior friendly web-based health information system for educating older adults of lifestyle approaches for reducing risk of cognitive impairment. WESIHAT2.0 consists of four main modules such as Screening tools to detect cognitive (TUA-WELLNESS), 10 guidelines for memory enhancement, Health diary and Healthy menu guideline.
Vãmuse C (Virtual Museum e-Commerce)
The Virtual Museum E-Commerce system (Vãmuse C) has been upgraded from the existing virtual museum system (muziummaya.terengganu.com.my). The system aims to design and develop virtual museum applications, considering the context dimensions through ethnographic research methods to reinforce the bilingualized mobile device interface design of Malay and English. This project also develops a transaction feature for the display of artefacts stored in the repository. The goal is to generate revenue and, at the same time to instill an appreciation for preserving digital collections.