My Shoe Air Walker Integrated with Weight Alert System
Air Walker was built using customized shoe material with dural aluminum which is adjustable and contains circuit board for weight alarm system in the outsole.
INSPIRATION OF THE INVENTION
Patients who sustain fractures or soft tissue injuries have difficulty in walking and delayed healing process especially if they are overweight or obese.
PROBLEM STATEMENT & CURRENT ISSUES
How to help wound healing using Shoe Air Walker Integrated with Weight Alert System?
INVENTIVENESS & NOVELTY
- Air Walker with integrated alarm system provide an active mobilization that can reduce the incidence of joint stiffness.
- It features a lightweight leather and dural aluminum shell that provides immobilization and protection like a short plaster cast but is much more comfortable and convenient.
- The added value of able to detect maximum weight application helps in healing process.
- Once the foot problem has resolved, the Air Walker can still be used as normal shoe by removing the sensor.
USEFULNESS & APPLICATION
- The usage varies from a simple fracture to severe soft tissue injury.
- The device aids in faster wound healing enables patients to be able to walk early
- It helps in providing some degree of stability to the affected bones or ligament while healing process is taking place.
- It also allow active mobilization that can reduce the incidence of joint stiffness.
IMPACT OF THE PRODUCT
- Early mobility
- Wide range of motion
- Easy wound care
For orthopedic patients who have fracture around the ankle, underwent fusion surgery or any deformity around ankle.
TRL : 6
Project Leader : Prof. Madya Dr. Mohd Yazid Bajuri
Co-Researcher : Yusuf Haryadi (Ortonesia Enterprise)
Dept./Fac./Inst : Orthopaedic & Traumatology / Medicine
Expertise : Foot & Ankle Surgery
SepsiDotTM Bedside Point-of-care Biosensor Kit
We invented an electrochemical biosensor (based on first-of-its-kind enzymatic cascading reactions of three enzymes immobilized on acrylic microspheres coated onto a screen-printed electrode) and a small portable, handheld electronic reader. The biosensor will interface with its miniature electronic reader to give a reading for diagnosis of bacterial sepsis in any situation (at home, at nursing home, at clinics, at school, travelling to Haj, in flight, in hospital, at disaster zone, and warzone) with only with 1 drop of blood from fingertip of patient. The result of can be obtain with 10min and decision can be made either patient need antibiotic and hospitalization or not.
MyB Prosthetic Limb
We invented a user-friendly and comfort prosthetic leg that can bend 180˚. This "MyB Prosthetic Limb" can allow ankle movement while performing prostration and kneeling position. A user-friendly prosthetic leg that would provide lower limb amputees flexibility and comfort, especially while doing activities such as prostration and yoga.
A Portable All-in-One Device for Endoscopes
Patient-to-patient transmission of bacteria and virus via endoscopes should be prevented through proper sterilization. The device provides three sets of compartments for sterilizing and storing of clean and dirty endoscopes in a single unit. Each compartment is separate and functions independently. This innovative device provides the solution for proper sterilization of multiple rigid endoscopes in a busy clinic to avoid cross-infection and possible litigations.